Friday, July 17, 2009

Tablet Computers

Tablet Computers
Would a tablet computer help you in your business?

Tim Berry has a blog entry at Small Business Trends were he talks about what he likes about a tablet computer over a standard laptop.

The biggest advantage tablets have according to Berry is that they are easier to use on airplanes. It allows you to adjust the screen if the person in front of you lowers his seat back. Another versatility offered by the tablet is the ability to do handwriting or use the keyboard.

He also points out several other ideas that benefit from using a tablet.

Is it right for you? Well that depends on your computing needs.

If you are traveling frequently, using it for power points, or have other needs that will benefit from a tablet, then consider a tablet.

Personally, I purchased my first laptop computer last May. So far I have used it on all of my trips and found it handy. Would a tablet computer be more useful for me? It is possible but the laptop is working for now. However, as my consulting increases and I have to be on the road even more the benefits of a tablet may become more apparent.

It all comes down to what is best for you and how you operate your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment