Saturday, July 18, 2009

Google Vision concept

Google Vision concept
I was recently given a pack of exotic fruit by a friend of mine who didn't know the popular name for it. And the next day, in my quest to dig out the name, I googled and googled and googled. in vain. But I guess most folks would empathize with me because I really didn't have an exact idea about what I was searching for.

So this new concept proposed by UK designer Callum Peden, called Google Vision, really excites me. It's a concept for a new googling device that will provide you with information about real-world objects based on the pictures that you take of the objects and feed into the device. In my case, if I could feed the photos of the fruit into this device, it would map the fruit with its actual name, origin and other relevant information (similar to Wikipedia) based on built-in image recognition mechanisms. The information would then be displayed on its roll-out LCD screen. The device will only make use of already existing technologies and building it would just mean putting all the parts together. Cool, huh? If Google (or anybody else) would sponsor this device, it would take google search out of the computer and into your hands. Literally.........

No comments:

Post a Comment